4.08.2013

#lwbirthday weekend


I took a page out of my new blog fave Savannah's book and decided that I wanted to hashtag my birthday shenanigans this week. I don't know if it made any sense since I was the only one tweeting and instagramming my birthday. but it was my day and I wanted my own hashtag dammit ; ) 

But yes, Friday was my 27th birthday and I was all set and raring to go this weekend to celebrate. I like having my 'me' day and I love that B likes to spoil his lady on her special day. Whether I'm 7, 27. or 77...I will love my birthday and in one way or another celebrate. First thing Friday morning, I awoke to missed text messages and and phone calls on my phone from my parents and sisters. 


Hence the first picture face...
The day just got better from there though because once B got up he made me my favorite breakfast and then made me get ready to go out on my birthday day. A lunch at Taco Bell was first on the list since I wasn't counting calories and I needed to some quick grub for our mini road trip. Junk food is my language and I even mixed it up with some tacos and hushpuppies. Thank you merged Taco Bell and Long John Silver. 

We got on the road and after some jamming out in the car together we pulled up to a place we all love....TARGET!!! Winner winner chicken dinner....B took me on a mini shopping spree for my birthday. Food may be the way to his heart, but spring clothes are the way to mine. Just kidding, but really, whose going to turn down a shopping trip. Not me. I hopped on the mint trend with that pretty little cardigan up there and stocked up on some shorts, undies, and pretty shirts. I can't wait till it warms up so I can show them off. I might need a tan first but let's cross one bridge at a time.


Maybe it's me, but shopping was exhausting and by the time we made it to dinner at Red Lobster and I got my hands on some cheddar bay biscuits, I was pretty much done. It may not seem like anything fancy to some ladies but this day was perfect for me. I got to spend it with that handsome face, eat my favorite foods, and stock my closet. I'd call it a win. But it didn't end Friday because on Saturday night we headed to the gun club with B's buddies and got our drink on. 

I never thought I'd be the person to enjoy the gun club environment but cheap booze, good food, and fun people....yeah..I think I will be joining the leagues of B and becoming a member. We stayed there for a little and I watched the boys shoot pool but we headed to another bar later in the night so I could put my dancing shoes on and shake my birthday booty. I'm so glad B found a good group of guy friends here in PA and I absolutely love his buddies. After a couple beers and two shots of 151 we all got up on the dance floor and owned that shizz. 

We woke up Sunday morning sans hangovers and got to enjoy our morning on the patio soaking up the gorgeous weather and sunshine. Beautiful days like this after the wicked winter we had call for milkshake runs and B happily obliged then came home a grilled us up some BBQ chicken and corn on the cob.

It was a perfect weekend and a birthday not to be forgotten. 
Cheers to 27! 

11 comments:

Neely said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

English Anderson said...

Sooo exciting! Happy belated birthday :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful time celebrating it

Unknown said...

glad you had a great birthday!!

Baylee said...

Your day sounds soooo fun!!! I love targets clothes. What the hell is a cheddar bay biscuit? It sounds amazing!!!!!!! We don't have a red lobster here. :( You did a 151 shot? You are a badass!! A birthday badass!
When I read about BBQ chicken and corn I immediately texted Joe and said we need to have that on wednesday night. YUUMMMMMM!!!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me! Happy to hear you had fun celebrating!! And hell ya you need your own hashtag #likeaboss XOXOXOOX

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Sounds like a perfect day full of things that you enjoyed and wanted to do. Wow, having your Birthday can be exhausting huh? But oh so wonderful. Glad you had a good one.

tara said...

glad you had a fabulous bday!

Nicole said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sounds like a good one to me! =)

Men make friends so easy! pisses me off lol

Shelley said...

That does sound like a perfect birthday!! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! It is going to be a grrrrrrrrrrrreat year!

LC said...

Happy Belated Birthday girl! Sounds like a fun weekend! :)