Note:
This is not targeting anyone and anything in particular but is just a post explaining why I don't do these things. I participate and actually enjoy some but I'm just giving my view so please don't get you .com's in a bunch.
xoxo.
For a good couple weeks, this little +K was invading Twitter and the blogs.
I don't know if it is just me, but has this died down?
Anywho, even in the height of it...this was one bandwagon I couldn't hop on.
Why?
Because unless it's macaroni and cheese or Newports, I'm not really influential in shit. I get the whole concept of it, of being the best influence-r you can be and gaining prizes but I suck at making decisions and +K's in my little hands would go to waste, unless you want to be top dawg in Yoo-Hoo's and Jawbreakers.
These are a fan favorite and I'm not saying I don't participate in them but I just don't have the urge to host one. First, I am not that clever to come up with these funky ones and second, even if I was there is a thousand and one other ones out there to compete with.
There is a link up for everyday of the week and unless you have some prime blog space and your follower count rivals that of an iPhone release, yours is likely the red headed step child of link ups and do you really want that? I know it's not about the numbers but I personally would want a decent amount to actually continue it, link up....party of one?!?....no thanks.
Myself along with a dear bloggy friend did one of these not too long ago and though I loved it, I was a stressball behind the scenes. With trying to do something like this where there is guidelines, budgets, strangers, etc., you are bound to run into some problems and we did. Most of them got settled but I hate having that feeling that you are leaving someone down even if it's an issue you can't get resolved.
There is also one other problem...which I will go into more on the next one...
This goes hand in hand with swaps but I'm just going to throw this out on the table...
I SUCK AT SENDING STUFF!
There I said.
It's a sad pitiful truth but the truth it is.
Hell my darling and squishy heart love Honey can attest that she is still waiting on a Christmas card for moi. And my thank you cards from my wedding...been written out for months but still sit in a dark corner of my living room. I will host a giveaway from time to time, but just be forewarned that you may not get your gift in the same calendar year you won. ; )
I've tried....I've really tried.
I've added friends to my circle and have tried to mess with my profile but I just don't get it.
I'm not sure what else there is to say but I just don't understand the purpose of it. Sure it has this, that, these, and those but can it be anymore awkward to nativigate?
I don't get it....that's all.
This is not by choice but by my crappy cell phone provider who has yet to pick up an iPhone.
I terribly want to take vintage-y pictures with my cell phone and share them for all the Twit world to see but my broke down Samsung says otherwise.
Though the word on the street is (or atleast at SXSW) is that Instagram is bringing this fab service to us peasant Android users too...can I get a woot! woot!
***
I'm not saying that I will NEVER do these things or that I can't turn a new leaf and starting sending shit out on time but as of right now...these are the few things I cannot excel at. These may be some of the blogging goals I should work on this year but until then, you girls keep rocking the shizz out of them.
You're doing awesome.
: )





























16 comments:
I actually like that you don't do a lot of those things :) And Google+? I will NEVER understand!
Girl I jumped on the Klout bandwagon b/c I wanted free shit and you know what? It's not that good. I mean $10 to some ski store? I don't ski and don't plan on it! Goodbye Klout! As for Instagram, big pink puffy heart it, amazing! Best app I have. Hope you get it soon!!!
Girl I jumped on the Klout bandwagon b/c I wanted free shit and you know what? It's not that good. I mean $10 to some ski store? I don't ski and don't plan on it! Goodbye Klout! As for Instagram, big pink puffy heart it, amazing! Best app I have. Hope you get it soon!!!
except for Instagram ... i don't do any of those and for the exact same reason! haha. i want to do a giveaway though ... one day, one day!
I've done one giveaway for a fellow blogger and link ups??? It actually took me a while to figure out what was even going on with that. I hope you can get an i phone soon! It's a great phone and yes, Instagram is pretty cool.
Hahaha I couldn't agree with you more on this! I haven't even attempted to do most of those things. I love doing swaps but if I don't send it out right away, it would probably not happen for me either. Giveaways? I've only done a couple. Love this post though.
Umm so I just commented but then it disappeared and I'm not sure if it's lost forever or what! Just in case...basically I said I agree!!
I agree. I don't do/get any of these either. Not that I think their bad, I just don't understand, nor have the time for most of them. Definitely not a judgement against people who do - I love participating in other link ups, but like you said- I don't have the creativity, following or dedication to make one of my own, and that's just fine.
PS- My husband used the phrase "red headed step child" the other day, and I had NO idea what the heck he was talking about. He was amazed that I'd never heard the phrase before, but now this is the second time in a few weeks! Go figure!
I gotta say, I pretty much agree with you on almost all counts here!
Personally, I've decided not to do swaps again unless I "know" the person. Doing it with a random blogger wasn't as meaningful for me (That's what she said, hee hee). Next Christmas, maybe we can do one, cause I'd totally feel comfortable with you. Even if I don't get my present until the following July. ;)
I agree with you on most of these! I will NEVER understand Google +.
I agree with you on most of these! I will NEVER understand Google +.
I don't get klout. A couple of months ago I kept getting +k tweets. I just ignored them.
hey lady - you can't do everything! But I agree with you on the whole google + thing. I don't get it. I do know that I get some page views from it - so someone is using it. But for me - I rarely check it. I am a twitter girl. I am bad a checking in on all the place where I can read blogs. I need one common place and to stick with it.
Amen sister! I couldn't agree more! I still have thank you cards to send out too! The husband got so annoyed he sent "HIS" out lol my poor guest are still without =( I stink at sending stuff out so much n fact my last 2 swap partners & I both agreed to just cancel(guess I am not the only one!) So no more swaps! But I do enjoy a good link up.
Hah, you know I love ya even without the Christmas card...and besides you got mine in what, January? lol
And I agree with you on a lot of these - and I think its great that you're not succumbing to blog peer pressure and doing something that you don't really want to.
Post a Comment