3.14.2012

North Or South?!?

Was the question Big Man asked me on Saturday when it was time for us to head out on our semi date day. 

It wasn't like our normal dates when we would be going to X place, eating at Y place and know exactly what are plans were. This date day was a hit the open road and see what we find kind of day, and I loved it.

Of course the hubs took over driving duties...
If there is one thing I am not good at, it is driving. 
Well, I shouldn't say that. 
I know how to drive and I am decently good at it but if the opportunity arises that I don't have to drive, I always take it. 

I am a much better passenger than I am a driver...
See?!?...
Little ol' blue eyes over there needs to document our dates not actually drive to them.

Back to our date day though....it was nothing special but was one of those times when you just got to enjoy each others company and your surroundings....
We talked about the how nice it would be to move out to the country like this and have a beautiful house on a good piece of land.

We discussed our summer plans such as the hitting the parks along with my excitement that is building to go on my very first first cruise.

We talked about babies and where we think our lives are going to go over the next year.

And debated even more important issues such as whether to get an iPhone or not.
(I pick yes, just so I can be like all the cool kids and have Instagram!)

We stopped at a few shops here and there but the majority of our day was spent in the car just driving around without a destination bullshitting and enjoying each other. 

I love our formal date days but these kind will always be my favorite.
Simple is more our style.

9 comments:

Meghan said...

I think it sounds like the perfect date!

Katie said...

What a FUN date!! I always want to do something like this, but then we always seem to be so busy that we just don't find the time. Which, ironically, is EXACTLY WHY we need to do that! I vote yes on iphone too! I LOVE mine!

CeCe said...

Simple is good! Sounds like a nice date.

Heather said...

sounds wonderful! i love driving dates. And Ryan definitely always drives. ugh not a fan of driving :d

Faith said...

Ahh this sounds perfect!! I think Sean and I need a date like this!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect date. :)

Nicole said...

Love dates like that! & I vote YES on the iphone too =D

Oh oh and that driving thing TOTALLY me! I only drive if ABSOLUTELY necessary!

Gina said...

Awww I love this! And yay for baby talk!

Honey B. said...

What a great date! And I second the iPhone, I think I'm addicted to mine...lol