3.12.2012

Putting On My Big Girl Blogger Panties

I am registered and there is no looking back.

I decided to put on my big girl blogger panties and last month before the the early bird pricing ended, I registered for my ticket and badge to

I watched last year as hundreds of bloggers prepared for their trips to San Diego. And even more I was envious of the fun times they were having while networking with some of the best blogs out there and I promised myself that at the end of the conference when they announced the following years location, that if it was on the East Coast, I would find a way to go. 

And it is. 
New York to be exact and only a 2 hour drive from our home in Pennsylvania. 

I've been blogging since late 2008 but not until the last year or so, have I had the urge to go to conference. 
Before, my blog was a little itty bitty (which it still pretty much is) speck in the interwebs that only myself and a few others cared to read and comment on. But over the past two years, I've tried to step up my networking along with learning different outlets of my blog and it's design. 

In the theme of getting more of out of my life this year, I am taking on this adventure to get the most out of my blog as well. 

I would love to attend the whole weekend but due to the hubsters birthday on August 3rd along with finances, I will only be attending on Saturday. Something is better than nothing and I am actually excited about the panels they have lined up for that day...
I know I probably won't get to all of them but I am going to try my hardest to get the most out of the ones I can . 

Knowledge is power right? 
And if I get anything out of these panels it will only suit me for the better. 

Another thing I am excited about besides the actual conference is being able to network with some of my favorite bloggers. I've been browsing the boards seeing if there is anyone I know and would love to know if any of you ladies plan on going. Networking is obviously a big factor in blogging and I look forward to getting my name and blog out there along with connecting with so many other talented women and bloggers. 

There is parties to attend and swag to grab but to me really, those things are neither here or there. Free stuff is awesome and def. a perk but I would still be going regardless of a free stick of deodorant or free margarita, though let's admit, free booze is for sure fun  :) 

And the parties...
 Sure there is some invite only parties that I know for sure a small blogger like myself won't be honored to be present at, but dudes....YOU'RE IN NEW YORK!!! 
It is the city that never sleeps and I'm sure there is million other things you can find to do that are a short walk, cab or subway ride away. I won't be wallowing in my free tote but will be enjoying my weekend of fun in the city. 

Will you be joining me?!? 
If so, please get in touch because I would love to set up  meetings with my gals if at all possible. 
And for those of you, who've already attended any tips and tricks? 
What to bring, wear, must haves?!?

To BlogHer, I go! : )

13 comments:

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

How exciting!! I hope you have loads of fun! xx

Meghan said...

That sounds so amazing! And NYC!?!?! Heck yes!

I would make some business cards - they were all the rage at Blissdom - great way to exchange blog info!

Erin said...

What-what?! That's SO awesome, chica! You are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!!

tara said...

You are going to have so much fun! :)

Shelley said...

For a second I thought you were going to San Diego and got excited cuz I would have met up with you!!

Allison M. said...

I loved my time at BlogHer last year - make sure to hit up people you know so you can meet up. It's such a whirlwind and I may go this year again.

Sarah said...

Lucky! It sounds like so much fun! Be sure you take lots of pictures k? :)

Brown Girl said...

That sounds so fun, I've never even though about attending a blog conference like that but I know you will have a blast! And in NYC, how could you not?

beckylbranch said...

Ugh! I didn't know you were going? I was going to go but then decided not to, and I was just going to wait until Blissdom next year? eh

Cheerful Homemaker said...

You'll have a blast!

Anonymous said...

Look at you, going to BlogHer! :) NYC? Just one day? I am intrigued, I must admit...

Emily said...

I am going to check this out. NYC is a 12 hour drive from here .... but flights are generally inexpensive. I am always jealous of these ladies who are going to these conferences learning about cool stuff. I want to JOIN!

Honey B. said...

Ahhh, I'm so jealous!! What an exciting trip!!