3.23.2012

Helllllooooo Wallll-Eeeeee...

Have you ever seen the movie Wall-E, where he is the sole little dumspter diver living in an abandoned and lonely world...??

No...?!?

That is what I feel like on Friday's around the blogosphere...
Fridays are by far the slowest days in the blogosphere.

If your a knowledgable blogger, you know that if you have an important announcement or a really good post you are working on, you don't publish it on a Friday. It's an unwritten rule somewhere, I think. :)

But really, you just don't.
Why?

Well because it is the end of the workweek and has Jessica Black excitedly explained 'Everbodies looking forward to the weekend....' No one really wants to sit on the computer on a Friday night and read blogs especially if you have some fun plans and even if you don't you stay away, just so you don't look like a lame.

I personally, since I don't have work on Fridays, use it as my catch up day where I lounge and catch up on what I missed throughout the week. But am I with company?

Nope.

Barely any comments ever come through on a Friday but Twitter is abuzz.
You might not have time for a fully thought out blog post, but 140 characters is where it's at.

There is no point to this post, other than it is a quiet world in blogland on Fridays.
Do you agree or disagree???

14 comments:

Angie said...

I'm always here on Fridays friend! I have no life (ha ha)
Your right though, actually Friday, Saturday and Sunday is always quiet but boy does it pick up on Monday!

Mrs. Type A said...

I agree. I get bummed when there aren't many new posts on the blogs I follow on Fridays, because hey! I'm still sittin' at my computer in the office, trying to procrastinate!!! haha :) I posted something new today, so check it out and enjoy your weekend!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

I'm here! Unfortunately reading blogs isnt as much fun on Fridays though, you're right. Boo!

Lindsey said...

I hadn't given much thought to it, but are right about blogland being slow on Friday!

Laura said...

I am usually around on Fridays just as much as any other week day... Saturdays and Sundays, on the other hand, I rarely ever check blogs.

Sarah said...

Agree! Though I only get comments from you and my other "regulars" unless I post some project or link up to a party. I notice commenters tend to comment quicker on weekends though, maybe because everyone is bored after that initial, "omg it's the weekend!" day?

Anonymous said...

Haha you are SO right! I agree 110% If I were any more hormonal than I already am I would assume nobody loves me and would stop blogging! ;) I think the only person that reads my blog on Friday is my Mom. Maybe my Grandma, but I'm pretty sure she has bingo.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I'm way behind on reading. I'm trying to catch up from the rest of the week!

Shelley said...

So true!! And... I love Wall E!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap - I feel like I left for just a few months. I finally logged back into my blog and you are a .com now!!

Heather said...

I am with you, I usually use the weekend as my catch up on blogs time as I don't hgave time to daily during the week. But yeah, I also don't do any major announcements on Friday, it picks up a lot on Monday!

Meghan said...

I totally agree, and I do most of my catching up on the weekends, too!

Gwen said...

Friday is definitely slow but Monday mornings about kill me trying to keep up with Reader.

P.S. I love, love, love Wall-E!

LC said...

I agree- though I've been slack all 7 days lately! lol