3.15.2012

Quads

An all-terrain vehicle (ATV), also known as a quad, quad bike, three-wheeler, or four-wheeler, is defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a vehicle that travels on low-pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. As the name implies, it is designed to handle a wider variety of terrain than most other vehicles.
- Wikipedia

These are memories from youth. 

When I lived in Florida there were many things I missed about home, but one that stood out on an almost daily basis was the lack of mountains and the loss of one of my favorite pastimes. 

Now, I know you can go out riding in Florida, but I will go out on a limb and say that it is nothing compared to riding in the mountains of your respective state....and Pennsylvania....has some damn good trails. This may be a foreign language to some gals who aren't down for getting dirty and have no interest in 'boy things'. But I'm here to tell you that this is not just a man activity. 

That or I'm not the prim lady that you all thought I might be.
(ha...yeah right) 

I absolutely hands down love going out riding and this weekend when the weather was beautiful and people came from all over to ride on the Burma (a local mountain/trails), a pang of jealousy came over me as I relieved some of my glory days. I never owned my own quad but living up here you know someone who had one and I was lucky enough to date some. 

There were plenty of spring/summer/and fall weekends that you would find me on the back of a four wheeler in my ripped up jeans, torn up tee, mud strewn boots, and safety first of course... helmet. 

I loved it. 

The muddier I got, the happier I was. 

And now I miss it. 

Luckily for me, Big Man has a penis and loves all things with wheels, motors, and that go vroom so it is not a struggle to get him on board with getting one. He actually was the one that came to me with idea at first. Yes, we are saving money this year and do have alot of things on the agenda, but a possible joint Christmas gift....

I hope. 

This is one of things I don't want to give up and living in this area, is something that I would like my future kids to enjoy just as much their mama does. 

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I've only done it a couple times but I LOVED it! It was in the dessert in AZ. There were trails and stuff. Sooo much fun.