The faboosh J from An Unstyled Life tagged me in a fun little questionnaire and since it's been a while since I did one of these....why not?
In between questions I also want to show you all some of the more 'eclectic' views of my neighborhood, and oh my...the things you find when you take your dog for a walk.
Moving along to answer time...
J asks...
1. If you could have any career, what would it be?
I, along with about a thousand other bloggers would love to be able to get paid to blog. In a dream world, I would make my living writing blog posts about my ordinary life and sponsors and companies would come out of the wood work wanting to pay me for being awesome. Sadly, I possess no special skills that will make this dream any closer to becoming true....thougghhhhh...if each of you gave me $1...... :)
All kidding aside, yes I would love to get paid to do that but it's far fetched and this one also goes hand in hand with a million bloggers but I would like to become a photographer. I have a passion for it but I still need TONS more practice and a business mind set before I go off on that endeavor.
2. What's your idea of a perfect weekend?
Depends on the circumstances. Sometimes I like being smelly and lounging around in my pj's all weekend, while others, I like to be out on some silly adventure. My perfect weekend would be good food, beautiful weather, and fun times. Those are the ingredients to a perfect weekend.
We have a real life hoarder in our 'hood. You could have sworn nobody lived here but as we walked on by the side of the house you could see inside and WTF? I wish I would have gotten a better picture because this does not do it justice. Note...the sink and toilet amongst other things on the roof.
3. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
If you are a long time reader and don't know the answer to this question then I will honestly smack you in the face. It's CHRISTMAS of course. What is there not to like about it??? I love the baking, the commercials, decorating, the tree, family time, parties, I just love it all. :)
While on this subject...I completely judge new blogs by their love of Christmas. If I am just checking out your blog, I always back track to December and see if you festively celebrate as much as I do. I have no time for bah humbugs in my life and if you don't love Christmas, it's unlikely we could be good friends. And I'm not counting out Hanukkah or Kwanzaa....celebrate your holiday to the fullest peeps. :)
4. What is your favorite thing about the town you live in?
Ummm besides all the weirdos that live here (i.e. this post)....well it would have to be that it is fairly quiet and very kid friendly. Though there might be some strange here and there, there is always kids running around having fun and families out walking their dogs and such. It's nice.
I couldn't hold it back any longer, I wanted to wait till the end of the post but really.....It's a effin' CAT SHANTY!! Who does this? Who sets up a shanty like this for stray cats and just thinks nothing of it. And these cats are assholes...not nice Sheldon lovin' kitties, but teardrop underneath their eye, I'm gonna hiss and shank you kitties.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Growing up I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher (in some ways I still do) but I also told my mom that I would be a teacher by day and a stripper by night. True story. Even as I child I loved getting my mom going. Luckily, that never played out and I didn't have to dance for dollars. I can drop it though, so don't get it twisted. :)
6. Who was your junior high crush?
I kid named J.J. but then he went off to juvey, we dated briefly in high school, and from what I hear he became quite the loser. Glad that didn't pan out.
7. What actress would play you if your life was made into a movie?
Zooey Deschanel
I have the biggest girl crush on her and on my super awkward days I like to think that because we have blue eyes and dark hair, that we look alike. This is verrrryyy untrue, but let my PMS self think that dammit.
This is what I'm assuming was a house that caught on fire and was gutted but not completely. Very creepy and take notice to the stairway of death...yikes.
8. Where is the one place you must visit before you die?
I would like to say Europe because I think that would be awesome but let's keep this US bound ans say Cali. I've already been to Hawaii and Florida and I would probably only go to Texas if I was meeting blogger friends. I think you should show me around Texas, J!!
9. Toilet Paper: over or under...plead your case.
Over.
Because it's the RIGHT way.
Period.
10. What's better, a quiet night in or a wild night out?
Both are fun but lately it has been more of the night in scene. Why go out and booze, when I have a bar in my basement?
11. What is the one thing you cannot go a day without?
I hate that this is my answer but it is the truth....cigarettes. Just typing it makes me want to go out and smoke one. I'm verrryyy much trying to give up this bad habit before our cruise but let me tell you...it's not easy man.
I had to type in what was actually written on these signs since you couldn't really see it when I uploaded it but ....yeah....strange, no? Mind you this was sitting in an alley and then the next day it was gone. Who does this???
And now it's time for me to ask you some questions....
1. What kind of camera do you have?
2. What would be your last meal if you were on Death Row?
3. What's your favorite band?
4. Rock, Paper. Scissor? and Why?
5. What kind of car do you drive?
6. Big House, Crappy Neighbors...Tiny House, Fab Neighbors?
7. Do you play any instruments?
8. Favorite musical movie?
9. NSync or Backstreet Boys?
10. Fall or Spring? Why?
11. Cat Shantys? Why?
I know a bunch of other girls already did this so I'll leave this open to whoever wants grabs on it.
Happy Hump Day.



























10 comments:
I'm a smoker too & I despise it. Good luck quitting. It is so so hard isn't it?
Happy Wednesday Friend!!
i played along. :)
Why you gotta be hating on my cat shanty?
Come to So Cal!!! It's a great place to visit and I swear I'm not biased just because I live here. Your neighborhood is er...ummm...eclectic? LOL. I too wish I could manage to blog for a living. Only in my dreams.
Another smoker here.. *hangs head in shame!*
I'm going to play along too :)
I, too, have a huge girl crush on Zooey. Like, for serious. Lurve her.
So jelly of your IRL hoarder! Me & the husband always try & guess hoarder houses!
I love Christmas so I know I am in! ;)
I kid you not once I was by city hall an this truck was rolling up and running right behind it was a mass of cats!!! & sure enough she set up camp and it was dinner time! Smh.
I have faith that you can quit! Isn't there a pill you can take? Cialis?
So apparently I skipped the section about the pictures and went right to the answers...but couldn't figure out why each answer (most of them hilarious) was punctuated by a WTF picture. Went back up and re-read, got it. And I would like to visit please.
LMAOOO @ the hoarder pic! I need to take a pic of my neighbor's house & tell the story of how he invited us for dinner this past weekend!*scary*
Post a Comment