10.03.2013
Pregnancy Hormones, Where I Will Either Cry Or Shank You.
Okay, first can we discuss the massive blogger baby moon that is happening right now?!?
Holy shit, everybody has been getting busy lately and there is going to be alot of early 2014 babies to show for it. If I can be 100% real here, it always makes me little kid giggle when I think of another blogger getting pregnant. We all know how babies are made but I don't know, sometimes I hold bloggers to a different regard and think they don't do 'real life stuff' like me. Like have sex, for example. Obviously, I'm not thinking about the details of your sex life, but sometimes it escapes me that yes, other people are having sex and this isn't just a singular concept.
I'm weird, I know.....let's just embrace it.
To get to the title of this post, I'm here today to discuss pregnancy hormones, and the way that evil little bitch has been taking over my emotions. When people talked about pregnancy hormones before I was pregnant myself, I thought.....'hmmm....how bad can it be? Maybe they're just overreacting...bitches be crazzzyyyy...' and things to that nature. Oh goodness, am I kicking myself in the ass now for prejudging before actually experiencing it. I was pretty level headed (ok maybe a little crazy) before and could box up and contain my emotions rather easily.....but now.....now I'm a mess, my friends.
I've become that crazy bitch.
The crazy, psychotic, emotional, I will cry if you look at me the wrong way and in the blink of an eye, want to shank the shit out of you if you don't give me a fucking hug right now kind of hormonal.
It's been bad, guys.
Real bad.
Ask Bryan.
My poor husband has been the recipient of many of these emotions and my sudden outbursts of psycho, but to cut myself a break, he has also been the reason for most of outbursts. I don't know what your love language is but mine is words of affirmation and it has taken quite a hit lately.
Bry and I have always had good communication in our relationship and I think it's one of the reasons we've lasted this long, but as in any relationships, they grow and change and during this unstable time I've needed to hear more 'I love you's' than normal. I hope it doesn't come off as needy, but I'm a woman that thrives off of words of encouragement and words of affirmation. I like to not only know I'm loved but hear that I'm loved/pretty/amazing/thebombdotcom and what have you. It boosts my confidence and at a time when my body is drastically changing and my hormones are all out of whack, I need this more than ever.
There has been countless nights where I've cried myself to sleep because I wasn't feeling loved by B, family, and friends. Nights where I felt so depressed that I didn't want to wake up but then hours later, felt back to my old self and was bouncy and cheerful. There might have been a day where I even had a emotional breakdown in a Bon Ton because B said he wanted to repaint the downstairs. I took that as he hated the color I chose and in turn hated all my decisions and of course then, hated me. I went from zero to sixty quickly.
It was scary how quickly I could take something so innocent, so personal.
I've been counting my blessings throughout this pregnancy, since I've been lucky to avoid some of the shitty parts but this is one part that I will be glad to say adios to. I hate feeling like I don't have control of myself and it's scary to have such severe reactions to the simplest of things. Please tell me I'm not alone.
Has anyone else experienced crazy hormones during pregnancy?!?
What was your craziest/funniest/saddest meltdown?
***
P.S. If you find me curled up, crying in a corner somewhere, just let me go. I've been chanting 'this too shall pass' to myself lately and I'm sure I'll bounce back from my meltdown.
P.P.S The hormones have actually subsided lately, but I had to share because over the last month, my body has been making me feel all types of weird and I find it necessary to document some of this ridiculousness.
Labels:
Lil' Woman,
Little One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























7 comments:
HAHAHA. Dying a little at your first little paragraph. No one has sex but you, sweets. The rest of us? Immaculate conception :) hehe.
Pregnancy hormones are part of the reason that my child's father left me (and also because he's a coward/A-hole/selfish a-hole, etc...). I'm happy that Bryon is a stand up guy and just tough it out with you. Just remember about the hormones "this too shall pass".
I sobbed hysterically at a table at a trivia night when I was pregnant with G because I was convinced that the entire table hated me. My husband and mother included. I just sat there in the middle of the crowded room and bawled like a psycho. It wasn't uncomfortable for the other seven people at all. Except it totally was.
Nice! The April baby boom is cracking me up! Some of them I didn't even see coming! When one of my good friends was pregnant I just loved what the hormones did to her. She was still sweet but she had this edge that was awesome and she didn't take any crap. I really loved hormonal Jamie.
Nice! The April baby boom is cracking me up! Some of them I didn't even see coming! When one of my good friends was pregnant I just loved what the hormones did to her. She was still sweet but she had this edge that was awesome and she didn't take any crap. I really loved hormonal Jamie.
With ya. I'm usually very calm, cool, and collected and I've lost it on everyone. My love language is acts of kindness. It's not needy to need your love language. I think what you are supposed to do is give them their love language or ask them to give you yours. Text me any time you feel blue!
I had a breakdown bc I thought my husband was having an affair. Deep down, I knew he wasn't ... but the hormones made me think otherwise!
Post a Comment