6.24.2013

Oh Hey, Did You Miss This Face?


I bet you did.
Don't lie.
Okay, so maybe some of you did but I bet an even bigger majority didn't even realize I was gone.
It's ok, no judgements here.

My almost month long blogging hiatus was completely unintentional but after the first week, when I didn't open my laptop and didn't feel any stress I decided to roll with it. And well, days turned into weeks and weeks turned into now. It felt good not to struggle with what to write and not have to keep up with anyone but myself. I know nobody is holding a gun to my head making me blog but let's be honest ladies, some of us feel that twinge of anxiety when we aren't pumping good posts out.

No?
Well that's the way I was feeling and it was really bumming down my blogging mojo. I've shared my feelings of how I blog before but let me just take a second and share my feelings on your blogging. Not you, in particular but blogging in general, and to me it's seems alot more commercialized lately. Everyone wants to be blog famous and have the bestnewomgRTgiveawaygiveawaygiveawayadhashtagnewrecipe blog and the competition is getting out of control. This blog post kinda explains my feelings perfectly. If those things are your deal, than more power to you but I'm looking for more personal blogs that share more of their 'real life' than just shilling the next paid for product or giveaway. I like giveaways and pretty clothes as much as the next girl but after reading a million posts about the same thing, it starts reading to me like the Charlie Brown teacher.

'...Womp da womp womp womp womp...'
Hashtag that shit under fact. 

But yes, over these last couple weeks and dealing with some issues, I've learned that my time (as well as yours) is valuable and I shouldn't be wasting it on activities and blogs that I'm not actually enjoying. Hence why I haven't been reading or writing much. Nothing much to say = no blog posts. Sad face. Sorry.

here is a pretty picture to lighten things up. 

But back to why I've been MIA. 
I know some people don't care but whenever a favorite blogger of mine goes ghost, I'm always curious about why there gone and I thought I'd share since I would want to know myself if the blog shoe was on the other foot. 

So let's break this down to some pretty bullet points: 

- It's Summer!!! Yes, that is a reason in my book. The official day of summer might have just been this weekend but summer has started in these parts for awhile now and that equals relaxation here. I sadly even stepped away from our photo challenge for this reason. I don't want to half ass projects I've committed to and I know between work, vacations, and just chilled out summer activities I wouldn't be giving it the 100% that I want to and that wouldn't be fair to the other girls or participants. But yes, summer is in full swing over here and hopefully I'll have some fun stuff to share soon while we enjoy this beautiful weather. 

- We've been working on the house and eeek I can't wait to share. This blog is called Little Woman, Little Home but it seems like the home part gets the shaft a lot of the time. Well my friends, that is about to change because, we've painting, pulling weeds, laying things down, and switching things up and I'm pumped to share our progress. Little Home is getting her pretty on. 

- My uncle passed. This was one of the biggest reasons I've been gone. He fought a good fight and held out to the very end but lung cancer sadly took him from us last Saturday. The past few weeks have been spent with my family by his bedside letting him know how much we love him. Though we are heartbroken that he is gone, we are glad to know he is no longer suffering. I would go into more but the wound is still pretty fresh and I would just rather leave it at that now. We love you Uncle Bub. 


So there it is and here I am.  I'm not going to make any grand gestures or promises for my blogging and it's future but right now I'm glad to be back and ready to start catching up with some of my favorite ladies.

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far.
Bring on the pictures of grills, parties, and fruity drinks...this lady is ready for them.

18 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Way to go on focusing on getting things done around the house. Sometimes those chores are the hardest ones to do.

And I am with you on the more personal blogs...I just can't read about what people are wearing anymore (partly because I don't pay that much attention to what I am wearing or "who" I am wearing!)

Glad you posted!

Lindsay Pavkovich said...

So glad you're back! I've sucked major donkey butt with blogging lately too, but something about the summer time makes me feel like I should be on a "blogging vacay."

Can't wait to see the updates on your hizzle!

LOVE!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I did miss you! I saw some signs of life on twitter but I knew that you were just needing to step away and that when you were ready you'd be back. I hear ya on the blog commercialization and the competition thingy. I'm gonna do giveaways 'cause people like free stuff and I like to give it away. Not a lot but it seems like when I do one I end up doing like 3 back to back for some reason and then nothing for months on end. But that should never be what you build your blog around. Or sponsored posts. Anyways, it's about balance and trying to stay true to yourself. And connecting with others. My uncle died of lung cancer almost exactly a year ago. Again, so sorry for your loss. Can't wait to see what you've been doing around the house.

Not So Newlyweds said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. And I'm so glad you're back!

Sonya said...

Welcome back! I did miss you. I do a lot of skipping through the posts with ads & giveaways (unless it's something I really want). I haven't blogged nearly as much this year. I haven't had the time, but I haven't had the interest either. I don't want to stop, but life right now just isn't that interesting which is just fine with me.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Oh Ivy, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle *hugs*. I wish there was something I could do. My thoughts are with you and your family.

<3

Faith said...

Welcome back Little Woman!

I know exactly what you're talking about. It really has become a competition. What happened to the old blogging ways? I miss them.

Oh and I texted you because I was one of "those" who missed you. Your response was classic. SO yeah, put my number in your phone and save it, ya heard?!

Sarah said...

Glad you're back, as you know, I was starting to worry, lol.
I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Virtual hugs to one of my favorite blogging buddies. <3

Mrs. G said...

YAY! I am so happy you're back.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. :(

krystal said...

Welcome back! I feel you. I don't read blogs (much) because they're all kind of a mess. At least you stay true to who you are and what you believe. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Felicia said...

So sorry for the loss of your uncle.

I get you on the taking a break thing. I did that for almost a month and have come back stronger then ever. Sometimes we just need a bit of a break.

Glad to see you are back.

Rachel said...

Welcome back. And I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, prayers for your family!

Vicki said...

Welcome back! I missed you - but I figured you just needed a little break! I feel ya about the changes to the blogosphere ... sometimes I go days without posting, cause, well I just have nothing to say and don't wanna "phone it in" So sorry to hear about your uncle girl! :( #cancersucks

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. I've unfollowed all the commercialized bloggers I used to like :/ I don't have time to waste on that. It IS nice to not blog isn't it? That's when you know you need a break! Glad you enjoyed.

LC said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your uncle...

Are yall still coming to ATL next week?

Baylee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. I hope that you are doing ok. Thinking about you. <3

Love those pictures. They're amazing. Can't wait to see what you've done to Little Home!! :D

Shelley said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. I've been feeling the same way about blogging for a while but I feel like I can't stop because I have committed to a linkup and a whole other blog. But I do take breaks from reading!