It's been awhile since I talked about anything Little Home related on here, which seems odd since my blog is titled Little Woman, Little Home. But I am going to try to rectify that today by giving you a glimpse in our semi remodeled little kitchen...and I strongly suggest the word little.
This is what our kitchen looked like...
BEFORE:
No offense to the previous owner (love ya D.) but country kitchen is not really Big Man and my style. Another problem was that she was a smoker inside the house and alot of the walls were stained because of it.
Before moving into the new house, Big Man and I decided we wanted light and bright colors that would give the house a crisp and clean, yet a cozy and comfortable look. The kitchen is on the small side so we wanted to lighten and open it up as best we could...
Minimal AFTER:
This is just a small glimpse into what we accomplished but I wanted to show it off none the less.
Gone is the country wallpaper border and the crimson paint.
I'm not a cooker in the least but since the kitchen and the laundry room are the only two rooms that decently done already, I find myself wanting to be in there the most. I'm loving how our visions are coming together and I can't wait till I can show you completely finished rooms.
Lucky for you (ok and for me), that may not be too long from now.
We have ordered our new flooring for the living room and dining room and a new sectional, both of which will be here the first week of December. So this month Big Man and I are will priming and painting our asses off in preparation.
Eeekk....it's all getting real now.
And before I forget...let me show you one thing that also makes me kitchen loving heart go pitter patter....
My new kitchen curtains that compliment our wall color perfectly.
I am just absolutely in love with that floral pattern and I give Big Man props for
a.) knowing what a valance is
b.) picking out one that compliments what we got.
If you haven't noticed already, this house stuff is making me a giddy mess.
I'm sorry.
no i'm not. :)

























13 comments:
Love those curtains!! I can't wait until I have some apartment updates to reveal. For realzies!
best feeling ever when you see your house start to come together! i love your curtains, so cute! and i love what you have done in your kitchen already! can't wait to see it all come together!!
It's the littlest things that make the biggest impact. Updating our kitchen is on my to do list for this winter (when I can't be outside). We've been in our house 10 years and the idea of living another year with the golden cabinets makes me sick. LOL!
Those curtains are so homely! i like.
I can't wait to see everything after! Sometimes the smallest changes can make a huge impact!!! I know exactly what you mean about moving into an outdated home. My house is small and outdated and even after 7+ years, the to-do list gets longer!!! Don't stress yourself because you'll always find something you'll want to change ;) ps - love those curtains! the colors are so pretty!
Nice! I love the color of the new wall :)
Cute fabric and the color is perfect!
Love it! Looks great :)
Looks great!! I love the doorways!
Nice work, lady! It's definitely a great change!
The kitchen is dated but so cute....not really my style either so I can see why you are so excited to update and make it yours. Can't wait to see it!!!
Great curtains!
Yay! Can't wait to see what other reveals you've got up your sleeve. ;)
Post a Comment