4.14.2012

Grey Skies...


Today started off as a beautiful spring day would.

Birds were chirping, sun was shining, kids were playing, and the sounds of yard work and neighbors chatting could be heard throughout our neighborhood. 

I like days like this. 
Where you can feel the comforts of your surroundings and the feeling of the season is finally falling into place. 

Just as we enjoyed the sunshine though, now it's the time when some of the grayer skies are coming through.

Rain, perhaps?

Not quite sure, I didn't check the forecast today, and I don't intend too. 
I'll take the sunshine and the rain...actually, I wouldn't mind the rain at all. 

Something about this time of year when the weather is a mix and your not sure what you'll get that day, brings me a silly sense of calm. 

April showers bring May flowers and with the mix of sunshine and rain, things that laid dormant and dead over the last couple months are starting to breathe in a new season and new lease on life. 

So when it decides to rain...which from the looks of it, it will, I will sit here with my doors and windows open and enjoy the gray skies and the smell of the rain while I wait for tomorrows bright days to be upon me.

10 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

We had rain most of the morning, but nothing like the storms they're having off to the west.

Felicia said...

I love days like that. This is my favorite time of year for that reason.

Anonymous said...

Amen. I knew it was supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow, and as the grey skies started to show up, I thought just that...I love hearing everyone outside, kids playing, windows open, a nice, spring breeze...and some rain. :)

Anonymous said...

It's been raining here for days, the sun broke through yesterday and finally spring flowers and rolling green hills. I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Michelle @ Growing Mama

Heather said...

we were teased with rain today... i got so excited. it never came though :(

CeCe said...

It's been raining off and on all week for us. Surprisingly I haven't been complaining so much about it as I usually do. I just hate the commute. When I'm home and cozy in my jammies I don't mind it at all.

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

This made me excited for it to rain.. and I hate rain lol :) xx

Sarah said...

We get so much rain here I hardly ever miss it nowadays, lol. We've been having some lovely sunny days though and I certainly missed those!

Shelley said...

We love when it is sunny one day and rainy the next. It's unpredictable but I love the change!

aimymichelle said...

thats a great opinion to have. i love the smell of rain.