5.31.2009

Witness This!

So much for a Kobe-LeBron faceoff.
My husband/future baby daddy (ya know just in case things don't work out with me & Big Man) brought it home last night bringing himself and the rest of the Orlando Magic team to become the
EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!!!
(Is it wrong that I called Big Man Dwight last night when kissing goodnight?)
Going into this conference the Magic were pretty much counted out from the beginning. Everyone and their mama wanted to see the two Nike groupies (LeBron & Kobe) go head to head in a big name showdown.
I'll admit after Thursdays game in Cleveland, I was getting a little worried about my home team but coming back to O-Town and playing on their home turf, the Magic came back and smashed the Cavs.
I give LeBron credit, he is a hell of a basketball player, but it takes more than one person to carry a team. Remember the old saying "There's no I in team".

(My jump-off Rashard Lewis )
The fourth quarter was sad to watch for the Cavs.
By the last 4 minutes, is was inevitable and obvious that Orlando was taking the game.
Final Score: Orlando- 103 Cleveland- 90
Downtown Orlando last night was ridiculous.
Though I didn't go out (hello 5am job!), a couple of my friends did and I heard that it was packed and filled with fans and locals celebrating all together!
(My two boys together...how cute!! )
My Steelers took it during the SuperBowl and I'm hoping the Magic can do the same.
They have the cards stacked against them, with alot of people predicting that the Lakers will sweep the Finals
...but hopefully the Magic can surprise us again!!!

The Finals start June 4th!
P.S. Iva, I know your hubby is a pro basketball player, so if he has the connects tell him to holla at your girl! Howard & Lewis are my 'get outta jail free cards'...lol ; )

11 comments:

Stephany said...

I'm a Florida gal so I'm really excited to see the Magic in the Finals! Never count out the Underdog!!!

The New Mrs said...

i cannot even talk about this. ugh. i am so dissapointed. :((((

jlc said...

Hahhaha! No it's not wrong!!

I was just gonna say there is DEF some resemblance with Big Man and him!!

Iva Messy said...

OMG! <3

you are HILARIOUS!

LOL

You've always got me drowning in my own tears of laughter! I've got side pains...you give me laughing cramps!

excuse me while I walk it off!!

Iva Messy said...

they're taken.

Jessica said...

boooo Go Cavs... lol Im sooooo sad! Mo Williams is sooooo sexy!! lol

Anonymous said...

Forget Basketball, give this little snowflake some of that wonderful chocolate of a man! hehe. Maybe I should watch more sports!

LWLH said...

Iva: Well they can always pull a Kobe...lol : )...just kidding but that hurts my heart a little

JLC & Angela: You know I love myself some chocolate : )

Unknown said...

I'm not really into watching sports, but I am from Orlando! Does that count? ;)

The Alleged Ringleader said...

Congrats girl! My Lakers and your Magic are gonna go at it on Thursday! Should be a great series!

Learning As I Go said...

Let's Go Magic...Let's Go!!!!!
What a game!