7.31.2016
Fresh Start 2.0
Fresh start 2.0 is always how I feel whenever August/September starts to roll around.
Why you ask?!? (not really but I'll tell you anyway...)
It's starts now with the rows upon rows of crisp notebooks, colorful markers, bright yellow pencils, and empty planners just waiting to be dropped in my cart and taken home to be harrassed. I will fully admit that I have a stationary addiction that gets pushed into full throttle this time of year with all the back to school bulletins that are posted on every store signage. All the freshly packaged school supplies just waiting for their turn to be opened and used for the first time and a empty planner just waiting to be filled with upcoming events and ideas.
It seems silly but getting a new planner in July and having a empty slate of the remainder of the year and following year gives me a sense of starting over and fresh new beginnings happening. Those sentiments are usually saved for the first of January and for the new year but I think the sentiment rings true more this time of year then in January. Think about it for a second....
- kids are starting new school grades for the first time
- the seasons are about to change
- summer vacations are over and even adults are returning to normalcy
So many signs point to fresh starts and I'm taking this time to give myself one as well. We had a month long vacation from work and I got a hefty honey do list done for myself and with a couple of those projects out of my way, I can look ahead to my future projects and plans for Amaya, Bryan, Mia, and myself.
What are those plans you ask?!? (again you didn't but I'll share anyway...)
Well:
- carpet, decorate, and pretty much finish Amaya's playroom
- change out our seasonal clothes
- organize the basement and seasonal decor
- start our #totschool curriculm in addition to what Amaya's learning at daycare
- work on Bryans birthday gift
- plan and book a fall getaway for Bryan and I
- start Christmas shopping (it's never to early to start..)
- a host of other things that I'm definitely forgetting but will surely remember along the way.
***
On a unrelated but kind of related note...
I'm heading back to work tomorrow after a month long vacation and man, it is hard!!! Not just the struggle of setting my alarm clock again and having to wake up at the ass crack of dawn....but leaving Amaya.
It's nothing that I'm new to, she's been in daycare since she's been a wee one but I'm taking it hard this time. Working forty hours a week in 10 hour shifts let's little time for us to spend together during the week, so having this month off has been the biggest blessing for me. We snuggled on the couch and watched cartoons and movies, took multiple trips to the amusement park, slept in and took naps together, swam until we were shivering, and really just enjoyed some much needed mommy/daughter time together. That's not to say there wasn't tantrums, tears, and timeouts but really that comes with the territory...and in a weird way I miss it. I miss seeing her from dawn until dusk and miss alot of the little moments in between with her, so this time together was good for my mama heart. Alot of times I find myself jealous and envy stay at home mom's who get do live this life on the daily, but that is not our life right now. Maybe one day it will be and if it was up to me, it would be tomorrow but hopefully one day.
All in all, I just want to say enjoy the fresh start of every new day and enjoy each season in life. If you wake up today reading this...here's your blank slate for the day....make the best of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comment:
A month off? Amazing. You got to be one of those Instagram people that always seems to be on vacation! How great that you got to do that. I've never had a month off, but I have had 10 days...and getting back to reality was hard enough after that.
Post a Comment