5.07.2012

You Wanna Know A Secret?!?

For the past couple of weeks, I have been being a Shady McShaderson revolving around some important news for Big Man, myself, and our Little Home. 

I hate to be all vague in tweets and posts because if you know me at all, you know that I am horrible at keeping surprises and such. But in this case I thought it was best if I stayed mum until we got some closure on the situation and a little bit of guidance. Now there is still details to be hammered out and an important one still has to get settled but since for all intensive purposes it seems like a go, I miswell say...

WE'RE MOVING!!!!
Oh...and we're buying said house.

Yes, you read that right....we're buying a house and if all goes through, we will be moving this summer. 

The reason I have kept quiet is because this is not like a regular house buying and there is a few things to work out between multiple parties still. If you remember awhile ago, I asked a serious question on whether we should buy our current Little Home which is only a one bedroom (and that we rent). It was a resounding 'no' by the blog world but Big Man and I actually discussed it and we're considering it up until this past week when we were proposed a quite different offer. 

You see, our landlord is actually my BIL's brother (my sis and BIL who live 3 doors up from us) and in between my sister and my house lives my BIL's mother. She is single with 2 dogs and she proposed to us last week that she move over here, since she is getting older and doesn't need all the space and that we buy and move over to her house which is a bit bigger. 

We thought she was bullshitting us at first and we brushed her off but after seeing she was serious and hearing the kind of offer she was willing to negotiate (great price plus we will be renting to own which will help us a bit with trying to save for our future etc.)  Big Man and I talked about it and realized this was an offer we couldn't pass up. 

The two things we were worried about with buying our current house was that it was only a one bedroom and it would be a hard resale in this or pretty much any market and that it didn't have any room for us to grow a family. This 'new' house on the other hand is a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath with a separate living & dining room, as well as a kitchen, laundry/mudroom, finished attic, unfinished basement and garage. It needs some cosmetic work as the style she has is not ours but redoing the house (painting and such) in our style is something that Big Man and I are looking forward to. 

Again, details are still discussed and not everything is 100% yet but if all goes as planned, this is what should be happening and I needed to finally share. 

Keep your fingers crossed for us that everything goes smoothly and that we will be in a new to us Little Home soon : ) 

33 comments:

Meghan said...

Ahh! That's incredible news! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

How exciting! This sounds like a fantastic opportunity! I hope it all goes well for you and works out as planned xxx

English Anderson said...

Hooray! That's such exciting news! Hopefully you'll be able to have a first time home owners party soon :). Best of luck!

English
www.befreckled.blogspot.com

Mrs. Type A said...

YAY! Congrats!! So exciting :)

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

yayyyyyyy!! congrats I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you guys!

tara said...

How exciting!! Hope everything goes well!!

Rebekah said...

This is awesome news! I hope it works out for you guys!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! :)

Jess said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!!

Sonya said...

Congrats! That is pretty exciting! We will be looking for a new rental house when we move at the end of the year. We would love to stay where we are at and I think our landlord would just give us this house sometimes! I'm hoping we find something just as nice.

krystal said...

This sounds fabulous! A rent to own type dealio is totally smart. =] Congrats and good luck and hope all that works out!

CeCe said...

Awesome!!!! That is good news. It gives you a little more space and you would have potential to sell if you grew out of it. Home ownership is a huge responsibility but you know that, you clearly want it and I would say it's definitely worth it.

Katie said...

Good luck to you!!!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Hooray!!! Buying a house is such an exciting adventure!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Hooray!!! Buying a house is such an exciting adventure!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Hooray!!! Buying a house is such an exciting adventure!

Malo said...

Yeah congratulations. This is good news!

Kenj said...

I am so happy for the both of you! I will be praying and keeping you in mind all the time. This is sooo exciting!!

Laura said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!

Erin said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! You're gonna be a pro at this whole moving thing...I think you do it more than anyone I know!

Lindsey said...

YAYAYAYA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for all the deets and pics!

TLF said...

Oh, how awesome.. congratulations!!!

Meagan said...

I totally thought you were pregnant. Darn! I've seen you pinning away. Very exciting!

Faith said...

That is do exciting!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! That is awesome and exciting news! Can't wait to see/hear all about all the fun ;)
xoxo
BTW, I am catching up on you posts, I've missed reading ;)
Brit

Not So Newlyweds said...

WAHOO!! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

That is SOOOOOO awesome! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

That is awesome news! I hope everything works out!!! Best of luck!!!!

Shelley said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!

Sarah said...

What an awesome, generous, amazing gal! That is such a great deal and I so hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to! I can't wait to see pictures and your progress once you start making the place home for you guys! :D

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Congrats on the move and the house! Cannot wait to see pictures.

Gwen said...

Congrats Girl!!! I know how excited you must be!!! I can't wait to watch the progress when you get moved in!!!

Anonymous said...

I am realllllly delayed in reading this, so forgive me, but YAY! Congrats!