This weekend was pretty chill for Big Man and I.
We partook in a little bazaar this weekend in our town. I thought it was going to be like other block parties I've gone to but this was a pretty bunk bazaar. With what they lacked in entertainment they made up for with good bleenies (or so I hear), food, and bingo.
On Saturday though after a little debacle about what to do, Big Man and I hit up one of my favorite spots Country Junction and then decided to walk around this cute quaint town.
We always pass through the town on our way to Country Junction but never really stopped to take in all the sights. On Saturday we did and I was in awe of all the old buildings and cute little shops they had.
Because I'm a nice gal, I'll taking you on a little virtual tour of this cute, historic town called Jim Thorpe.....
In the center of the downtown is this amazing train station where you can actually take train rides. It was bustling on Saturday with families and children all ready to hop aboard and take a ride on one of these guys...
They have open air seating (on left) and regular cars (on right) that you can choose to ride one. Big Man and I were going to go but we decided to come back on another day and chose to just walk around and take in the sights.
After we got done looking at the trains, if you turned completely around you would run into this sweet, shaded courtyard...
They had food vendors and tables to sit at to unwind from walking around and even from those seats you could hear the live music that was playing up the street.
The down was full of old buildings that seemed to be kept in great shape or either refurbished very well...
It was nice actually seeing buildings in there original state and not plastered with siding and other new architectural features.
Besides the actual buildings themselves, they housed a bunch of little shops, restaurants, and inns...
This awesome hotel/inn that was obviously called The Inn reminded me of the buildings that you would see in the French Quarter in New Orleans. They had a beautiful restaurant and pub that I will def. be visiting on my next trip up there.
Street lined with different shops
I absolutely adored this shop that we went into.
I was trying to be sly with taking pictures hence the crappy quality but this was the ultimate girly girl store. If was whites, light cremes, pinks, and pastel with the softest lighting and chandeliers everywhere. If I ever had my own girl cave....I would def. style it after this store!
Big Man enjoying the scenery after he said he felt claustrophobic in the girly store : )
Besides the stores they had a few of little restaurants and cafes that had outdoor seating. This had to be my favorite outdoor setup...
How freakin' cute is that to have an old ironing board as table with some stools pulled up....love it!
Here is some more of the sights we got to see...
An Opera House
Another cute gift shop
An hippie head shop called Horizons.
It was an great day to get out and walk around and this little town was the thing for a lazy Saturday afternoon. If you ever get the chance, def. check out this town
It's called Jim Thorpe
And if shopping isn't you or your families thing they also have biking trails, Segway tours, and white water rafting. Little town with lots to do. : )
After our day out, we came home and just relaxed.
Ok, we didn't relax....more so Big Man did while I did the dishes, straightened up, did wash, and cleaned out my closet...
I'm trying to lose weight for this wedding and in general and yesterday I was in a mood to just get rid of things. After a meltdown yesterday, I decided to start becoming more focused on my eating and exercising and make a serious attempt at losing weight.
In the state of mind I was in... I decided to go through and aggressively get rid of clothes that I
a.) haven't worn in the last 1-5 years
b.) didn't fit...mama put some weight on or
c.) wasn't my style anymore
I had clothes way back from high school that I was still clinging onto and for what reason I don't know why. So yesterday I went through everything and got rid of about 40% of my wardrobe. It doesn't look like much but this garbage bag full of clothes will be making a new home at my sister's and if she doesn't like them than maybe at the Salvation Army.
I feel much better about the clothes I decided to keep and when I get to my goal weight I plan on taking myself on a little shopping spree....hopefully that's a motivator.
How was your weekend?
Do anything fun?!?






































9 comments:
I LOVE that little town! Aren't places like that just the best? I haven't found anywhere like that around here yet, but hopefully I'll run across a "downtown" or "small town" soon.
BTW, IDK if I commented or not, but I do remember thinking how great you looked in your bachelorette pictures. You can really tell that you've worked hard to lose weight, and you looked smoken! Don't get too discouraged, I think you're doing better than you realize. :)
What a cute and quaint little town! I love visiting little towns in the original state!
What a cute little town!!!
It makes me long for a Fall weekend trip to somewhere north of here, lol.
Oh my!! That town is way too cute!! :)
And I did the same thing with my closet before we moved!! I got rid of probably 80% of my clothes! I threw away t-shirts I'd had since high school, and gave away clothes that I didn't like, didn't fit, or I knew wouldn't fit me again after baby boy gets here!! It made me kind of sad because now my closet is SO empty, but I wasn't wearing the other stuff anyways... :)
I absolutely adore little towns. I get so excited when I get to take my Grandma to her home town because they have the best antique shops. Both super cheap and super expensive alike. What a fun way to spend a day.
Good for you getting rid of old clothes. I have the hardest time parting with clothes but can purge everything else like crazy. Definitely don't let loosing weight ruin your big day. I know its hard but you are fabulous my friend and are going to look AMAZING walking down that isle!!! XOXO
What a cute little town...right in your own back yard. I always feel good after I cleanse my closet and it makes me want to go shopping.
The town looks really cute! I love the idea of a girl cave, too...I might just have to pitch that idea to my fiance when we look for a house :)
I can totally relate about trying to lose weight for the wedding...there's so much pressure and there are always setbacks. You look great, and I think cleaning out the closet and getting that feeling of a fresh start can always help. Hopefully we can help motivate each other to stay on track with being healthy!
I've driven through Mauch Chunk & said to myself, "what kind of name is that?!" but my goodness it looks like the cutest town ever! I will definitely be putting that on my list of places to visit in Pennsylvania other then my usual Lake Wallenpaupack. Glad you had a fun weekend!! :)
what a great little town! i want to visit one like this with cute shops and trains! i love that girly shop! so cute ... def. makes me want a girl cave, haha.
as for the weight loss as long as your are motivating you will be surprised how much weight you can lose by just switching up a few things. i was so motivated early this year but then i just lost it ... then May hit and I realized that it was almost half of the year and i was still the same weight doing the same ole thing. i am finally down a few lbs and i know if i keep at it, i will continue to go down ... goal is my wedding weight!
good luck to you and i!!! :)
Post a Comment