But to keep in the honest and realistic aspect of this blog, I'm not.
As I mentioned last week, the spring cleaning tornado has hit this Little Home and it is in full force. Since I work 4 ten hour shifts a week, am trying to plan a wedding, spend time with Big Man, Mia, and family and things of the such, I've had to break up my spring cleaning into sections that I can get done on the weekends.
While it was raining cats and dogs this past Saturday, I took advantage of being indoors and tackled two of our rooms, but before we get to that, here is what you would have found me in if you walked in my house this weekend.
My bejeweled pink bandanna to keep my frizzy hair out of my face, striped spa socks to keep my tootsies warm and cozy, and sweats, because duh, what else would I clean in. : ) You may ask (or not but I'll tell you anyway) why I didn't show the whole shebang and the truth is...I have a little self respect and didn't think it was appropriate to post a sweaty, gross face, braless Little Woman all over the interwebs....maybe next time...not!
Anywho, back to the cleaning....
I figured that if I was going to at this thing full steam that I miswell start in the messiest room, that being our lovely bedroom...
For those of you who thought I was better than this, I'm not. ; )
I wish I could say that this is a singular occurrence and that I hardly ever let my bedroom get to this state, but that would be a lie, and that is not what this bloggy relationship is based on. To be brutally honest, our bedroom looks like this more often than I would like to admit.
As you can see, you cannot even see my bed under the piles of clothes, I'm almost 95% sure that the ones on the bed are clean...maybe. It was a disaster and needed to be rectified ASAP. Obviously the first order of business was to tackle the clothes but that was just one of many tasks.
Spring Cleaning
Bedroom Edition
- Sort dirty and clean clothes
- Did laundry
- Rotate some winter and spring wear...I say some because it still gets pretty chilly up here
- Organize underwear drawer, finally threw away some of those torn up but couldn't depart undies and bras
- Tried to organize Big Man's side of the closet
- Organized jammies
- Organized and disposed of misc. jewelery
- Made bed
-Pulled out bed and Mia's crate to sweep underneath
- Dust all furniture
This was just the basic cleaning part but was necessary to get down to the nitty gritty stuff that I need to do in the coming weeks....
- Wash and replace sheets, comforter, and pillowcases
- Dust and wipe down ceiling fan
- Dust around radiators and baseboards
-Sweep (again) and mop floors
- Wash windows and window sills.
These we'll be accomplished in the next few weekends but here is a look at how my bedroom should look and what my floors and bed actually look like....
Sorry about the watermarks on the pictures, my bad.
Def. a major and better difference than the before picture...and yes I do still sleep with my Carebear pillow...everynight!
Nicely folded and hung clothes. I must admit though I hate dressers....they are pretty much the bane of my existence. I hate how fast they get messy and the constant need to fold and re-fold the clothes. Next house def. needs a walk in closet with lots of hanger space.
That's all for this installment....next up: BATHROOM!
What are you doing for spring cleaning!?!























14 comments:
Love it girl. It's real just like my home looks real also, lol. You did a wonderful time.
WTG with spring cleaning--I'll be doing that this week. Woo-hoo (not).
isnt a day of spring cleaning GREAT! sure, it's a PIA while you're doing it - but look at the result!
nice! I'm impressed! do you want to come to my house?
Way to go! I do not enjoy cleaning and pile laundry like that as well!!
Look at you go!!! We did some basement spring cleaning yesterday. I may or may not have cleaned all of our closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. out over the winter and didn't need to do it for the spring. We still have a ways to go in the basement but it already looks so much better. If Brian didn't have so much junk we wouldn't have to work so hard. LOL! BTW...nothing like cleaning with a blinged out bandana!!! =)
OMG! I would go nuts if I had that much clothes everywhere at any given time. But I'm a neat freak. And hubby knows I won't have it too! Good job. Your floors are nice...don't hide 'em under clothes.
I always clean bra-less. It makes me feel more BA;)
Wahoo! You go girl! I cleaned out our (J's) computer room...3 trash bags later, I felt great!
Great job getting everything straightened! I need to get some spring cleaning done myself.
Great job getting everything straightened! I need to get some spring cleaning done myself.
le sigh! my place looked like that right before i left on vacation and i swear i got it all done in one day with almost no sleep before i went off on a plane ride... good job with the spring cleaning!!!
ahhh, spring cleaning ... i kinda hate it! but hubby would seriously kill me if it got too out of hand .. he lets the dishes pile up but anything else he just freaks, haha!
you def. did some major cleaning! it looks great! :)
Nice work! I love spring cleaning!
My poor closet is currently a disaster area (no, the hubs and I do NOT share a closet). I needed a laundry basket last week that was full of handbags. They are now on the floor of my closet. It's bad.
I scrubbed my baseboards w/ Murphy's Oil Soap the other day. They looked exactly the same after I was finished, but my water was black.
Post a Comment