1.15.2010

Pitching In!

I have been blessed beyond belief to have a wonderful support system of friends and family that I am able to count on no matter when or where we are in life.

In the planning of the wedding I excited knowing that I will be home in PA with my mom and sisters and will be able to share the experience with them. It melts my heart when I hear the excitement in my mom and older sister's voice when they share ideas and opinions about the wedding. I might change my tune later when they start hassling me about stuff but right now I'm basking in the happiness of their joy for me! :)

My sister being the doll she is going to head to a bridal expo at the end of the month to collect some information for her little sis. I wish I could be there myself but I fully trust her to get what she thinks I'll need. I hope her and my BIL renew their vows in the future so I can help her plan her wedding since I wasn't techinically their for her first! :(

One of my bestest girlfriends is also pitching in and even though she lives in CT and will probably live in Atlanta by the time of our wedding..she has graciously offered as a wedding gift to me and Big Man to buy and arrange our centerpieces for us. I heart her to the stars and back for taking on this expense and task. She knows my tastes and I know she will come up with something fabulous! I told her anything cute, purple, and green and the first thing out of her mouth was..."I have a vision.." lol. I love her and I know she will do a great job. We're probably going for something along these lines cause this is close to the colors I chose.





And my mom is the best and has told me, not asked, but told me that she will be buying my wedding dress for me. I have a dress in mind and you can check this link out to see some of the ideas I have. Big Man and I have decided that we are going to stick with the purple and green. I think it will look gorgeous.

Ahh, I'm getting soo excited! Things are coming together but there is still a million other things that need to get done. Check back in a year and see if I'm still singing the same tune...lol :)

15 comments:

Mrs. Hanson said...

So happy for you girl! Can't wait to see how it all turns out! :) LOVE the colors!

Alison said...

Exciting! It is so nice that you have people who are helping you out! I hope for your sake that it doesn't get messy, lol - my mom turned into a nutcase half-way through the planning, it was awful! Anyways, sounds like the people helping you out have their heads screwed on a little tighter :) Can't wait to hear/see more!

Brittany Ann said...

I am in love with the "vision" you have! It so suits you...the colors...that dress! Oh my gosh! I'm tearing up! I can't wait to see the photos of you and Big Man tying the knot!

thegamerswife said...

Ahhh so exciting!! How sweet that you have friends and family who have already gifted you with great things for your wedding! I really do love the purple and green color scheme too! :)

Amy said...

The purple and green are so pretty together. Also throwing a little bit pink in there would be cute too! :)

The wedding planning will take up a ton of your time but make sure you take time out for Big Man and yourself. Don't let it take over.

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

its great that you guys are getting s a head start, I was sooooo glad I started as soon as we got engaged. There is sooo much to do that you wont believe

Gina said...

Oh my gosh, those centerpieces!! SO beautiful! I love wedding planning. This year is going to be so fun reading your blog...not that it wasn't already, but... squeeee! Wedding stuff!!!

Justine said...

I had a love/hate relationship with wedding planning!! Good luck!!

Gwen said...

Having a wedding with so many people helping out will make it even more special for you. I love the purple/green theme too. Just gorgeous!!! XOXO

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh I love it!!!!!! It is going to be so gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Sounds like things are off to a great start. =] I'm actually jealous because so far I want to tear out my MIL's...I mean MY hair. ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm so extremely happy for you both! Those colors are gorgeous together, and they will complete the gorgeous bride!!

Alissa said...

SO pretty I love the colors. I can't wait to see how it all comes together. Have a fabulous weekend!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Wedding planning is so exciting (and a bit stressful). I was actually really sad after we were married because I no longer had it to keep me busy. It was a fun hobby. :0)

I'll send you the e-mail later with all of the DIY stuff I did.

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh! Those colors are going to be gorgeous. If I could do mine over again, I'd go with those!