5.29.2009

Journey Into The Sun Pt. 2

Oh ladies...I've kept you hanging on the edge of your seats for so long haven't I?!?
(yeah right)
Anyways if your new to the story take the time to catch up:
***
Journey Into The Sun
Pt. 2
***
So there was I was standing in the Orlando International Airport looking for what I was to do next. After retrieving my bags from baggage claim, I went outside to find the Mears Cab Company to catch up a ride to the College Program Housing. Being from Pennsylvania I was not adjusted to what I would now loathe and know as humidity. I remember calling my mom while smoking my Newport, telling her that I couldn't breathe (hmm I wonder why..lol) and that is was crazy fucking hot down here.
After waiting for about 30 minutes, the Mears cab finally took off towards Lake Buena Vista and to where for the next 8 months would be my home. I'll admit that it was pretty intimidating and lonely trying to find your way around in a new place where you know absolutely no one. During check in I met a couple that was also going to be on the College Program (CP) and made fast friends with them.
During the CP check in we had to go thru many Disney themed stops to get our living arrangements, job location, and be finger-printed. After going through all of that I was finally on my way to my new apartment. I walked in and being one of the last one's there I was greeted by 4 of my other roommates, (I came with the one and there was 6 of us in a 3 bedroom, 2 to each room) a friend of my roommate, and two sets of parents.
Here's a little introduction/summary of our characters:
(a.k.a. my roommates...names have obviously been changed )
Now this seems soo cliche but we all seriously were completely opposites in character and from all walks of life.
  • Diva: When I first met her I thought she was a bitch..she came across snotty and with her nose up in the air...She let it be known that she was from 'hard hittin' New Britain, CT' (who knew CT was hard like that...then again there's our convict Martha..ha) tho I thought we were mismatched she has turned out to be my best friend and my go to girl for everything. I now what what a sham is, how to do my make-up and have def. stepped up my style game because of her. : )
  • Columbia: You know every story has to have an ethnic character and this was Columbia. She was our senorita of the house who had a weakness for Puerto Ricans and for cheap booze. Love ya mama! :)
  • Publix: I'll give you the reasoning behind this nickname in a minute, but to sum it up she idolized Diva (like seriously get mad if she did not have her attention), desperately seeked attention, and was sadly the girl who ate her feelings.
  • Coke Head: Well it's not hard to figure out how she got that nickname...but CH was a from Tennessee and had a husky (think deep man voice) voice and southern drawl. She was no southern belle and partook in alot of questionable activities.
  • KKK BJ: This was the girl that I initially roomed with...she seemed nice and wholesome at first but living with people for 8 months really brings their true colors out. She originally came down to FL with her chubby white boyfriend, dumped him after a party where she got drunk and gave a black guy a blow job, dated him for a little bit, then realized that she couldn't take him home to her parents and that she didn't want little mixed babies, she wanted blond hair/blue eyed babies like herself (<-- those are her words not mine) then cheated and ran back to her original white boyfriend....she was pretty much a racist bitch who put her nose up at any people who were not white that we brought to the house.
Supporting cast:
  • Fuckface: An asshole who I thought was my friend but then ended up screwing up my life.
  • The Twins: T1= Diva's on again/off again long distance lover...T2= His twin brother
  • White Bread/Jim Jones/Goons: Fuckface's homeboys and our weed connects
Now that you are acquainted here is where we lived:
Chatham Square
(or to people on the CP..the nice set of apartments..the other apartments 'Vista'..were the ghetto of the CP)
They were pretty nice digs for a bunch of 19-21 somethings. Unfortunately living with 5 other girls that are just living on there own, our apartment equaled a disaster area. The dishes sat in the sink for days/weeks, I could never see my bedroom floor due to clothes thrown about, our beds were super small..not even a twin more like a "tw", dishes were used as ash trays and more often or not you could find blunt guts, dutches, roaches (not the bug), and drug paraphernalia strewn about.
Now by this time you might be thinking.."Wow Lil' Woman, you were the quite the pothead". But that was not always the case. I first tried pot on my 16th birthday (rem. that 'bad crowd') but hardly ever did it after that. Though my parents are super cool and supportive, they don't play when it comes to that, I really don't know what they would have done but I never wanted to find out so I just stayed away from it.
But when I got down to FL and got my taste of freedom it was on like Donkey Kong.
Out of all of the roommates, Me and Diva, were the only ones who actually ever really smoked pot. But after a couple weeks and a little bit of peer pressure, Columbia and Publix, caved in and tried it. Fun times ensued after that. Our apartment was deemed as smoke free so when we first started smoking there we would do it out on our balcony (we were on the 3rd floor so it was a sweet set-up), then we moved into Me & Diva's bathroom. There was always a ritual when we smoked in the bathroom. I would sit on the toilet, another person on the bathtub, T1 against the door and Diva in front of the mirror. It was our set up and for many months we smoked that way. But we got lazy and then just started rolling up in the living room.
Smoking was pretty much the bane of our existence while on the College Program (me and another friend even did a Christmas exchange one year, where if I bought the pot, she bought the pizza and that would be our X-mas gifts to each other).
Now I know many of you were wondering about the College Program and probably thinking that is was this magical experience and all Sunshine and rainbows... and well if that's what you thought...
YOU WERE COMPLETELY FUCKING WRONG!!!

All the sunshine and rainbows that they jacked you up on during the recruiting process was bullshit. Working 5 days a week only 40 hours...ha...try 70 hour weeks with barely a 15 minute break on some days. In a nut shell you were a slave to that fucking mouse and he bent you over in all his Ron Jeremy glory and rammed it up your ass.
Luckily for me though, I had a pretty cool manager that smoked up most of his employees and Disney worked on a point matrix system so if you had some adequate math skills, you could screw over the system and pretty much work half the month and not get a reprimand or get fired.
That is where I fell into. I knew actually how many points I had and knew what days and how many days I could call off so that I could not get fired. While my other roommates busted their asses at work, I perfected my tan, smoked up with my neighbors, or chilled with one of my male counterparts (I might have been a little bit of hoochie during those days).
Witness the wackness that is Disney Costuming...
Feel free to laugh..I know you will!(My 'flag shirt' that I wore when working Outdoor Foods (ODF))
(Me in the middle in all my Colonial Girl glory...)
(yes, I am wearing a Little House on the Prairie dress & a bonnet)
I worked in Epcot at the World Showcase at the Liberty Inn Restaurant in the American Adventure pavilion. Columbia (in the black top in above picture) also worked there so it was a bonus having a roomie/coworker who could vouch for the horribleness that is Disney.
  • Diva: Worked at Captain Jacks and Cirque Du Solei in Downtown Disney
  • Coke Head: Was a housekeeper at one of the resorts
  • KKK BJ: Was a lifeguard also at one of the resorts
  • Publix: Worked attractions in Tommorowland @ the Magic Kingdom
So like I said Disney was not all it was cracked up to be. We worked crazy hours and couldn't wait to get home from work. When not at work we would frequent Pleasure Island (oh Mondays nights..how I miss thee), smoke, or just chill at our apartment. 9303 was the place to be.
Fun Facts:
  • We had a jar in our living room with $80 worth of condoms...always practice safe sex!
  • Me and Diva had sex in the same room once with 2 other best friends and we slapped five during it...unfortunately my dude was trying to keep up with his homie so he went all jackrabbit on my ass and nutted before I was even started.
  • Due to not going to work, not having money, smoking weed, & having munchies.. Me and Columbia used to go knock on doors asking friends for food or on the rare instance someone's door was open (sorry Tyrell) we would break in and steal food...we were truly pathetic..lol
  • Speaking of starving: During a dreaded month where Diva, Columbia, and I were literally wasting away from not having money and not having food...Publix decided to come out of her bedroom one day with a bag of chips in one hand, a Hawaiian punch gallon of juice (you know those huge ones), chocolate and crumbs on her face and ask what was up. We asked her where she got the food , in which, she started whining not to eat it so we then raided her room and found goodies hidden all over...seriously this chick had Publix (the grocery store) underneath her bed (hence the nickname)...chips, cookies, noodles, sodas, canned food..etc. You can ask Diva or Columbia and they will give you the exact same story...no lie.
(T2, Diva, & T1)
  • Diva and T1, and T2 are the best forms of entertainment when your high
  • Once T2 banged out one of our friends in Me & Diva's bathroom and her weave came off and slid underneath the door...very funny.
  • Said girl also on more than one occasion stripped off all her clothes and gyrated on the floor naked...that was the first time I saw a African American vagina...lol.
  • Diva was once found in our utility closet by White Bread, Jim Jones, Fuckface, and I eating a carton of ice cream during an extreme case of the munchies.
  • I met Fuckface at Jungle Jim's when I eavesdropped over him and his boys talking about trees...I was interested in getting some so that's where it began.
  • I had my first black boyfriend down here. His name was Bevis (beh-vis..not like bevis & butthead)..we broke up so I could holla at Fuckface (my 'baby daddy' was black but we never actually dated)
(Village Sluts for Halloween..I'm the cop)
  • We used to do gymnastics on our furniture which gave us the nickname of 'The Elephants' of 9303' by our neighbors underneath us.
  • A fight that later happened with said neighbors almost led to use being terminated for the program
  • We had to go to CP headquarters again after that because during inspections they found booze in our apt. (we were a wellness apt. because most of us were under 21 and were not able to drink) and almost again got terminated. Come to find out it was Coke Head's (surprise, surprise!)
  • Coke Head during a game of 'Never Have I Ever' admitted to Diva that she slept with Diva's old fling....We were staying Coke Head's aunts house and CH drove so we were stuck there for the rest of the night with an awkward silence among us.
  • Don't play French people in beer pong, surprisingly they are very good and will whoop your ass
  • Also then don't enter a wet t-shirt contest after losing said games
  • I went home after that night and puked for the second time in my life...bitch ass Diva wouldn't even help me because T1 was giving her a back massage...your lucky I love you bitch!
I could go on for days about stories from the College Program and even though I wish I could say that I got gained knowledge and networking experience from it...I did not.
With not administering drug tests and living with thousands of her young adults your age, with no parental supervision, it pretty much was just alot of sex and drugs.
***
I would also like to send my love to my Pop and a great family friend, Minder, who sadly passed away while I was away in FL during my College Program...I couldn't make it up for Minder's services and it was a bittersweet homecoming for my Pop's.
Love and Miss You Both Very Much!!
Until we meet again...
***
Stay tuned for Part 3...
The Beginning & End of Fuckface & Friends!

10 comments:

Shanni ♥ said...

You are freaking hilarious!! I lived in Florida for 15 years and never met you?? Where have you been all my life? haha

Funny story, I've been to Disneys cultural fair thing LOL Except I was a paying customer haha

So I could have possibly seen you at sometime, on one of the few trips I went to Disney =)

In With the Light said...

you are a wild child!! great stories!

do you want me to just send the hat to the addy you gave me and let it get forwarded?

Kris Norman said...

I literally LOLed when I read about you slapping five with Diva while you were both having sex. Keep the funny stories coming, it's highly entertaining.

Learning As I Go said...

And they call me the wild one...lol
Love the pics!

AprilMarie said...

Such the wild child you were! I'm right there with you, girl. No joke. Between the ages of 16 and 18... my life was one big party. I even made the choice to move out of state to get away from that scene. (Glad I did though- that's how I met Justin).

Great story! Can't wait to read more! I wanna know how you and Big Man met.. =)

Gwen said...

LMAO!!! What experiences you'll have to tell your future children (when they are older and need to be embarassed of course). BTW ~ you look adorable in you Little House on the Prairie costume. :) XOXO

Katie said...

I love this story you should write a book! haha

Gina said...

I didn't think anyone's college experience rivaled my own...until I read your blog! My friend and I also high-fived during sex with best friends, but we were on a bunk bed! LOL!!! Sounds like you had so much fun even though your work sucked. :)

Iva Messy said...

wow. I just don't know what to say. wow.

I'm sorry, I need a moment to dry my tears of laughter...

ok.

alright I dont know where to start with my comment run down...I guess first I would like to thank you for not nicknaming the actors by way of Disney characters. I might have been traumatized for life relating lost weave girl to Cinderella. I will never again look at Disney the same. Please tell me you still have THE flag shirt, and please please tell me you are not drowning in tuition debt now from this place.

Most importantly I have to comment and say, if you make us wait as long for part 3 as you did part 2, I might write your current boss an email telling him/her that you need a day off due to your blog friend responsibilities.

..::Poca::.. said...

Sounds alot like my early days in the Navy, minus the weed of course. Coincidentally, I was stationed in Orlando (before they shut down the base) for about 14 months lol.